Sometimes simple is best. This 5 ingredient dish is standard Mediterranean fare - low on salt but big on flavor. Serve with some olive oil roasted potatoes and oven roasted asparagus on the side.
3 cloves of garlic, pressed
1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped fine
4 bone-in, skin on chicken breasts
1. Combine all ingredients except the chicken in a large casserole dish. Add the chicken, one piece at a time, rolling to coat with marinade.
2. Tuck all four chicken breasts in the casserole with the marinade and cover the dish tightly with plastic wrap. Marinade for at least 2 hours or overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a large baking sheet or large shallow pan with foil. Make sure your pan has at least 1/2 inch depth to catch juices.
4. Add a tablespoon of olive oil to a large cast skillet and place over medium high heat. When the oil starts to shimmer, scrape the marinade off the chicken and place skin down in the pan (1-2 at a time but don't crowd the pan). Brown each piece for about 5 minutes then place skin side up on the baking sheet.
5. Add the pan to the oven and bake chicken until the juices run clear, or for about 35 minutes. Serve piping hot.